Teach in the comfort of your home
No experience in teaching Adults?
Not to worry, training is provided!
For the people that teach with us, we provide 12 hours of training to help you get started. The support doesn't stop there though, through feedback, manuals and guides - you can be sure to get up and running fast.
Please be proactive! The system is in place to help you be aware of things about your lesson that you might notice but won't solve all the issues that might arise.
The feedback is intended to help you maintain a high level of lesson quality, learn new techniques, and be aware of any issues.
- The Japanese Staff have a good amount of English ability and can bridge any misunderstandings or issues between you and your student
- The teacher managers are there to support your growth as a teacher and give advice when needed
- Textbooks are lent to teachers for teaching lessons.
Things to know
- Online Teachers use a Gyoumu Itaku type contract.
- A gyoumu Itaku contract is different from a normal employee contract.
- Essentially it is a contractor that works with One Coin English.
- A PC/Laptop capable of running zoom (with a functioning webcam)
- Zoom installed and updated
- Able to teach at home, without much noise distraction.
- Unlimited use of internet
(mobile routers are not accepted)
- Strong and stable internet
- Earphones or headset with a microphone.
- The textbook materials we use in the Online school are consistent with what the students use in all schools. This is the Oxford series of "Speak Now" books.
- These books will be lent to you for free.
- The lessons are flexible in the sense that as long as they are following the material, the lessons may be adapted to suit the needs of the individual student.
Visa & Scheduling
- You need to be living in Japan
- You will need a valid working visa
- A commitment for at least 6 months (with at least 7 months on your visa)
- Able to work a minimum of 15 hours a week (2 days minimum) with us.
- Example 1: Monday 8 hours, Sunday 7 hours
- Example 2: Monday 4 hours, Tuesday 4 hours, Saturday 8 hours